Building the capacities of staff and partners to effectively share what they know, to learn together and to arrive at creative and relevant solutions is crucial to the success of our development work. By leveraging this core asset of people’s knowledge and commitment, Helvetas supports context-specific, sustainable development.
Why learning and innovation matter
Development depends on the behavior of a wide range of actors who influence each other in a variety of ways. This leads to results which cannot be fully predicted or controlled. Under such circumstances, we need to effectively learn and innovate on an ongoing basis.
What we do
Through participatory approaches to learning and innovation, we can bring local and external knowledge together. This results in a richer appreciation of the contexts in which Helvetas works and the ways in which we – together with our partners – can improve our work.
We do this by creating and supporting opportunities for collective reflection on existing knowledge and experience, by producing outputs to support further learning, and by taking innovative action based on this learning.
Helvetas is committed to working in ways that foster collaboration, respect diversity, and promote state-of-the-art development practice. We build and develop such capacities at individual, team and organization/network levels – through knowledge sharing, innovative online and face-to-face approaches to facilitation, the tailoring of participatory tools and methods for context-specific needs, and thematic advice.
What we offer
- Long-standing experience in Knowledge Management for Development
- Support in developing and implementing Knowledge Management strategies to strengthen effective use of knowledge
- Facilitation of deep collaboration through participatory processes in both online and face-to-face contexts
- Training and capacity development in Project Cycle Management (PCM) to manage quality and increase the impact
- Design and coaching for Monitoring & Evaluation: monitoring systems and plans; reporting; peer reviews; evaluations; impact assessments; capitalization of experience
- Enabling capture of real-time experiences through Social Reporting / Multimedia Reporting (participatory or collaborative reporting)
- Strengthening networks and projects through development, facilitation and coaching for e-Collaboration and web platforms
- Maximizing competence development through blended learning approaches e.g. digital and face-to-face training, webinars, live streaming, coaching for staff and partners of Helvetas as well as for other organizations, projects and networks
Learning & Innovation at Helvetas, 2021-2024PDF (1.49 MB)
Learning & Innovation at Helvetas, 2021-2024 - SummaryPDF (0.93 MB)
Guideline for WebinarsPDF (3.09 MB)
Guideline: How to do Video Interviews for Knowledge SharingPDF (2.93 MB)
Manual-ITS-Online EventsPDF (4.08 MB)
Helvetas Knowledge and Learning Strategy 2015-2019PDF (0.52 MB)
Working Area Knowledge And Learning Strategy 2015-2019PDF (0.81 MB)
Working Area Leaflet Knowledge and LearningPDF (2.04 MB)
Learning Through Storytelling and Video - Manual for trainersPDF (0.98 MB)
Learning Through Storytelling and Video - Manual for traineesPDF (0.34 MB)
Learning Expeditions: A Concept NotePDF (0.44 MB)
Aggregating Evaluation Findings for Joint Reflection and LearningPDF (0.68 MB)
Reflecting on the Nature of Information, Knowledge and LearningPDF (2.43 MB)
Facilitating Online Communities - Quick ReferencePDF (0.6 MB)
Meet the team
Our multilingual advisory team offers wide-ranging thematic expertise and has in-depth experience in navigating complex processes. Helvetas’ work builds on over 60 years of experience in more than 30 countries.
Contact our learning and innovation experts
Helvetas develops and accompanies projects. To be sustainable, they must be locally embedded. We support our partners in effectively organizing projects and processes and consult local authorities to better assume their responsibilities.