VET Policies and Education Systems Expert
Helvetas is a Swiss development organization operating in Kyrgyzstan since November 1994 and implementing projects in Kyrgyzstan in various sectors. One of the current projects is the newly started Skills Development Kyrgyzstan Project (SDK), funded by the Government of Switzerland through the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). In November 2023, Helvetas launched the main 4-year phase of the project, covering the period from November 2023 to October 2027, aiming at strengthening non-formal inclusive and effective training offers for employed, underemployed and unemployed youth, women and vulnerable groups in Kyrgyzstan.
The main objective of SDK Project is to make upskilling and reskilling courses accessible, affordable and relevant to the current and future needs of the employers by developing and institutionalizing the non-formal part of the VET system nationwide and thus addressing both economic as well as social needs. SDK focuses on improving training quality and inclusion based on viable and sustainable financing mechanisms. Post-training support and enhanced career guidance will assist learners in finding decent employment opportunities. The project activities will be carried out country wide.
Helvetas/SDK announces a competition to fill a full-time vacant position of the SDK VET Policies and Education Systems Expert for its Bishkek office.
- Responsible for providing strategic guidance on developing a conducive regulatory framework and eco-system enhancing private-sector led non-formal VSD training offers
- Responsible for managing project activities linked to policy dialogue on promoting non-formal education and relevant capacity building and training for key state, private and third sector stakeholders
- Responsible for supporting the Project Manager / Team Leader in assuring high quality project implementation, project reporting and communication with stakeholders
- Responsible for supporting project visibility and communication flows, for participating and contributing to knowledge and learning sharing
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in business administration, economics, education policy or similar domain
Further training or specific skills and experience:
- Sound background in dealing with education system reform, ideally in VET and social partnership
- Sound knowledge and experience in PCM
- Experience in labour migration and lifelong learning skills is an asset
- At least five-year experience in education or policy related projects
- At least three-year experience in project management
Methodological and/or leadership competencies
- Result-oriented personality / maintaining deadlines
- Process facilitation / moderation and coaching skills
- Knowledge and experience in participatory and gender-sensitive approaches
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, visionary and programmatic competencies
Social and personal competencies
- Social competence and intercultural communication skills
- Good reporting and writing skills
- Negotiation skills
- English (oral and written), Kyrgyz (oral and written) and Russian (oral and written)
- Proficiency with MS Office software
The deadline for submission is 17:00, December 12, 2023.
Please, kindly include “SDK – VET Policies Expert” in the subject line of your email.