On September 26-27, 2021 the 1st Big Regional Tourism Forum "Development of tourism in a new environment by joint efforts. Kyrgyzstan-2021" and the 1st Great Regional Tourism Trade Fair "Kyrgyzstan on the Branches of the Great Silk Road" took place in the city of Osh.
The event was attended by members of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, heads and representatives of diplomatic missions of foreign states, representatives of international organizations, NGOs and business.
Helvetas projects supported their partners and beneficiaries to participate in the forum-exhibition. For example, the "Greentour" project supported Naryn Tourism Association, and the Swiss projects "Bai Alai" and "Winter Tourism Kyrgyzstan" supported "Visit Alai" and "Destination Karakol" public associations respectively.
The forum-exhibition program featured a number of different events, including:
- an international trade fair;
- the first tourism forum of the Greater Region;
- ethno concert program;
- concert program of Bollywood stars;
- show of collections of national ethno-designers;
- discussion on the sustainable development of tourism;
- a round table on "The Big Regional Tourist Business in a New Environment";
- tours and info-tours for foreign visitors;
- awards for representatives of the tourism industry;
- participation in the Letter to the World initiative.
During the round table "Large regional tourism business in a new environment," participants were able to learn from the experience of foreign countries to restore and further development of tourism. In addition, a number of topical issues were discussed, such as the development of green tourism, marketing and fundraising, as well as issues of security in tourism.
It is worth noting that the Swiss Embassy in the Kyrgyz Republic, as well as the employee of the Swiss Bai Alai project Beksultan Abdisalamov were awarded for their contribution to the development of tourism.
The Government of Switzerland provides assistance for the development of the Kyrgyz Republic to improve the well-being of the population. Over the last 25 years Switzerland has granted more than CHF 430 million to Kyrgyzstan in the form of technical, financial and humanitarian support. For more information, please visit https://www.eda.admin.ch/bishkek.
SWITCH-Asia was launched in 2007 with funding from the European Union and for more than a decade, the Programme has been committed to advancing the progress on sustainable consumption and production (SCP) in many countries across Asia and Central Asia, 19 in the first phase and 24 since 2019. The support of the programme in Central Asia is framed around two strategic components:
- The Sustainable Consumption and Production Facility – implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) and adelphi.
- The SWITCH-Asia Grant Programme – managed by the Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development of the European Commission.
More information at: www.switch-asia.eu
Helvetas Kyrgyzstan is a development organization anchored in Switzerland. Helvetas started its activities in Kyrgyzstan in November 1994, and today organization is running a number of projects in Kyrgyzstan. Our organization is always ready to support and develop relationship with local and international partners. For more information, please visit www.helvetas.org