Open Call: Consultancy Service on Inclusive Development
Helvetas Kyrgyzstan, in consortium with Development Policy Institute, is implementing Public Service Improvement project funded by the Swiss Government. The Public Service Improvement project works on introduction of sustainable, effective, efficient, accountable and responsive management solutions in targeted municipalities that address real needs and demands of citizens and that deliver tangible service improvements.
We are currently looking for an experienced consultant on Introduction of inclusive growth methods in planning and management of public services at the local level in the Kyrgyz Republic. The objective of the consultancy is to provide local state administrations and local self-governments of the Kyrgyz Republic with a broader understanding of their potential in creating conditions for inclusive growth, overcoming all forms of exclusion and poverty by developing a detailed framework of actions for local authorities. The consultancy (international consultant) is to be provided in the period between August and December 2022 and in the overall duration of not more than 23 working days.
· Within the preparation phase and in consultation with the project prepare a short overview of the Working Plan and a Project Outline (for the In-country mission) with a short description of processes, purpose/objectives.
· Desk review of the competencies, capacities and resources of local state administrations and LSG bodies of the Kyrgyz Republic in the appendix to the Inclusive Growth Framework (IGF) for authorities, taking into account the concept of LNOB (Leave No One Behind);
· Reporting, finalization of deliverables
In country mission
· Prepare draft methodology for the local development planning (local state administrations and LSG bodies) in accordance with IGF and LNOB
· Prepare a training module for the employees of local state administrations, LSG bodies and other development actors (NGOs, businesses, citizens) on the Inclusive growth framework actions in the context of the Kyrgyz Republic.
· Conduct one in-country mission (including presentation of the training module)
· Report on the capacities and resources of local state administrations and LSG bodies of the Kyrgyz Republic to work on each of the 7 components of the IGF.
· Conduct consultations (in cooperation with local experts) and interpret the functionality and resources of local state administrations and LSG bodies of the Kyrgyz Republic on each of the components of the Framework for governments for inclusive growth, taking into account the concept of LNOB;
· Develop a set of practical recommendations for the elaboration of the Plan of Activities in accordance with each of the 7 components of the Framework and taking into account the concept of LNOB;
· Draft a methodology for development planning at the level of local state administrations and LSG bodies, taking into account the IGF and the concept of LNOB;
· Conduct validation workshops with stakeholders of local development at three levels: national, district and local government and local community;
· Hold a presentation of the draft methodology and a set of practical recommendations (including monitoring IGF application. LNOB Vision and the Inclusive Development Index can be used as a basis for monitoring if applicable) for interested government stakeholders, including the Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Ministry of Economy and Commerce of the Kyrgyz Republic, the State Agency for Civil Service and Local Self-Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, etc.;
· Develop a training module to train the employees of local state administrations, LSG bodies and other development actors (NGOs, businesses, citizens) on the framework of actions for inclusive growth in the context of the Kyrgyz Republic;
· Conduct ToTs and handover the training module to the Local Governance Academy of Central Asia for further use.
· Profound knowledge on the issues of inclusive growth and development, interpretation of the concept of inclusive growth and development in various international institutions and management systems of individual countries.
· Proven experience (at least 5 years) in consulting work on the practical implementation of inclusive management approaches in the practice of governments in various countries.
· Proficiency in preparing analytical reports, conducting public presentations and developing training materials.
· Fluency in spoken and written English, knowledge of Russian language is an additional significant asset
Please send your request for detailed Terms of References (ToR) and questions (if any) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your CV (highlighting the relevant experience) to email@example.com by September 15th, 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further negotiations.