Job opening: Project Manager - Youth United for the Future
Branch of the Association HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation in KR is looking for Project Manager of Youth United for the Future Project (duty station in Osh).
- Leads the YOU Project in all aspects of project cycle management;
- Provides leadership and fosters an atmosphere of cooperation among project staff, and partner organisations to achieve project objectives;
- Introduces and maintains a proper planning and monitoring system to ensure the quality control of the project’s outputs and expected outcomes;
- Establishes and monitors agreements/contracts with partner organisations;
- Recruits and supervises project staff and mobilises required technical assistance;
- Manages and controls project funds, ensuring that they are utilized in the most cost effective manner. Checks and approves narrative and financial reports of partners;
- Ensures the timely preparation of annual internal budgets and financial reports providing explanations on over- or under-expenditures;
- Makes sure that local legal requirements and local administrative regulations are followed in the execution of the project;
- Represents the project in regular contacts with the Government of Kyrgyzstan and other national and international partners.
- Degree in public policy, intercultural communication, peace studies, sociology or other relevant social studies;
- Good understanding of inter-ethnic, community security/peace and conflict prevention issues;
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience preferably in supporting community-based initiatives in the field of community security/ peace building / conflict prevention;
- Experience in building young people’s skills and experience in democratic practice and in undertaking participatory research on root causes of radicalization among youth and ways to address them collaboratively, and in partnership with communities and local authorities;
- Experience in identification of the capacity gaps and requirements of community-based organisations, NGOs, local government and local security centres in relation to the local collaboration and security provision;
- Work experience in dialogue facilitation across ethnic, rural-urban, religious and regional divides
- Experience in the area of youth participation in public life;
- Result-oriented project management (logical framework approach);
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills;
- Social competence and communication skills;
- Knowledge and experience in participatory and gender sensitive approaches;
- Process facilitation / moderation skills;
- Motivational leadership style and team building skills;
- Proven interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills and sensitivity;
- Excellent reporting and writing skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Kyrgyz, English and Russian.
The deadline for submission is no later than 17:00, October 30, 2023.
Please, kindly include "Project Manager - YOU" in the subject line of your email.