Helvetas Tajikistan is looking for a consultant for conducting mid-term review of NWRM project phase 2 as of the end of 2020
Branch of Association HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation in Tajikistan- a development organization anchored in Switzerland. Present in Tajikistan since 2009, we work together with our Partners to improve people’s livelihoods in a sustainable manner and support Government in realization of National Development Strategy 2030, sectoral reforms, development programs towards the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals. Our focus is on Water Resource Management and Rural Access; Basic Education and Vocational Skills Development; Agriculture and Nutrition; Governance, Conflict Transformation & Mitigation and Development and Natural Resource Management, Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management. We work in 33 partner countries in Asia, Latin America and Western Europe.
The Phase 2 of SDC funded NWRM Project, implemented by the Consortium of Helvetas, GIZ, and ACTED, is about improving livelihoods of rural population in the Tajik Syrdarya Basin through integrated water resources management. In accordance with the project’s implementation strategy the NWRM Project Phase 2 is implemented at all levels of water sector starting from the national policy and legal framework development, next implementing the policy and legal framework at the basin, sub-basin and watershed level, and finally working with irrigation agencies and WUAs, and providing practical trainings to farmers at a plot level on water efficient irrigation technologies.
Objective(s) of the Consultancy
The overall objective of the consultancy is to evaluate the mid-term progress of implementation of NWRM Project Phase 2 objectives and to draw lessons that can improve the sustainability of achieved results. The specific objectives are the following:
· Conduct the Mid-term Review of NWRM Project Phase 2 as of the end of 2020;
· Based on the results of the Mid-term Review, develop recommendations on how to best achieve all project objectives in the remaining time of Phase 2, and specific recommendations on the NWRM Project Exit Strategy including potential third phase;
Time Frame of the consultancy
The consultancy time frame is February 1st – May 31st, 2021. The Expert shall work a maximum of six working days (each eight hours) per week. The Expert shall be allowed two days for international travel (round trip) for a mission in Tajikistan. The consultancy is for up to 20 working days including mission working days (up to seven days), travel days and home office working days.
Profile of the Expert
· Master degree in water management, environment, or in any other related field;
· At least five years of professional experience in water sector, at least in one country of Central Asia;
· Experience in implementation of basin management and IWRM concepts is an asset;
· Experience in applying evolution methods and tools is an asset;
· Working knowledge of English and Russian, and knowledge of Tajik would be an asset;
HOW TO APPLY
The Consultant is required to submit the following documents, in a single combined PDF file to Tender.Tajikistan@helvetas.org and Projects.Tjk@helvetas.org with the subject line ‘Consultant NWRMP’:
· Personal CV;
· Cover Letter (max 2-pages) including daily Net fee of the expert (in USD) and information on the relevant experience and other requirements of the TOR;
· Three professional references;
Deadline for submission of applications January 20, 2021 09:00 am Tajikistan time (+ 5:00 GMT)