Helvetas is a Swiss development organization operating in Kyrgyzstan since November 1994 and implementing projects in Kyrgyzstan in various sectors. One of the current projects is the newly started Skills Development Kyrgyzstan Project (SDK), funded by the Government of Switzerland through the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). In November 2023, Helvetas launched the main 4-year phase of the project, covering the period from November 2023 to October 2027, aiming at strengthening non-formal inclusive and effective training offers for employed, underemployed and unemployed youth, women and vulnerable groups in Kyrgyzstan.
The main objective of SDK Project is to make upskilling and reskilling courses accessible, affordable and relevant to the current and future needs of the employers by developing and institutionalizing the non-formal part of the VET system nationwide and thus addressing both economic as well as social needs. SDK focuses on improving training quality and inclusion based on viable and sustainable financing mechanisms. Post-training support and enhanced career guidance will assist learners in finding decent employment opportunities. The project activities will be carried out country wide.
Helvetas/SDK announces a competition to fill a full-time vacant position of the SDK Project Assistant for its Bishkek office.
Reporting to Project Manager
- A Providing full assistance in effective operation of multi-tier project with multiple stakeholders
- B Project monitoring and evaluation/ data collection and tracking for all project components
- C Support services for logistical, administrative and financial matters delivered
- Maintaining office co-ordination: maintaining co-ordination and link between the department/person and the rest of the office;
- Assisting proper communication with all stakeholders;
- Preparing and distributing project communication materials, leaflets/calendars;
- Composing and distributing invitations / minutes for SDK presentations and conferences;
- Filing documents in accordance with the approved PD Documentation System Procedure;
- Updating, inventorying and organizing the project documentation; maintaining correspondence with partners;
- Maintaining project pages in social network (Facebook, Instagram etc.);
- Oversee all project materials and events following and being in compliance with the project’s Communication Strategy;
- Manage tendering process (tender announcements, minutes, interviews, notifications);
- Preparing Service/Grant Agreements for review by the Legal Advisor.
- Project data collection quarterly and annually from component leads against LogFrame;
- Preparing SDK indicator spreadsheets to track data and report them to PM;
- Liaise with the Head Office (HO) Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) person for the development of online data collection system or any M&E developments;
- Be responsible for all M&E activities for SDK project.
- Making all necessary arrangements for workshops, meetings and seminars;
- Assist the HO financial team in providing, documenting and filing all necessary financial data;
- Order office supplies and stationery, photocopying, binding, filing, other small office work as needed or requested, including inventory of consumables;
- Arranging logistical support of missions, managing flight / transport issues, assist expatriates / consultants / trainees / volunteers to settle and work in the country;
- Giving general information to visitors / callers about the project;
- Provide written and oral translation as needed.
- Responsible for fast and correct communication flow within the team
- Responsible for organization and accessibility of information
- Responsible for Monitoring & Evaluation activities in the project
- Responsible for project data collection and tracking against the LogFrame
- Responsible for travel arrangements and logistics for collaborators / consultants / expatriates
- Responsible for event preparation and logistics
Other duties of project assistant
- Supporting the staff when assigned
- Mandatory: Bachelor’s degree (university diploma) in economics, business administration, or similar domain
- Optional: Additional training/skills improvement in the relevant fields
- Mandatory: Willingess to learn and interest in development programming
Social and personal competencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Good reporting and writing skills
- Moderation skills
- Mandatory: Kyrgyz (oral and written), Russian (oral and written), English (oral and written)
- Mandatory: Excellent knowledge of MS Office programmes
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their resume along with a cover letter and recommendation letters to email@example.com (please specify “SDK Project Assistant” in the subject line of your email).
Applications should be submitted no later than 5:00 PM on November 26, 2023.