Open call for development and implementation of a quality management system in two beekeepers’ cooperatives of alai and chon-alai districts
Bai Alai Program is announcing a call for development and implementation of a quality management system in two beekeepers’ cooperatives of alai and chon-alai districts
Assignment Title: Development and implementation of a quality management system in two beekeepers cooperatives in Alai and Chon-Alai districts
Location: Alai, Chon Alai regions of Osh oblast.
Assignment periods: September 3, 2019 – July 31, 2020.
Objects: Together with the members of the two cooperatives to develop a quality management system, adapting to the actual conditions and minimum requirements for the quality of the produced honey and to provide assistance through consulting support to the cooperatives during implementation.
- To conduct an introductory seminar on quality requirements in accordance with the Eurasian Economic Union Technical Regulations “On Natural Honey” (last modified version), including food safety requirements in the apiculture sector, for members of the two cooperatives “Alai Too Aseli” and “Chon Alai Baly” within September 2019;
- Together with members of two cooperatives, develop a quality management system taking into account the conditions of honey production in two cooperatives and the minimum food safety requirements, as well as market requirements for honey quality, including maintenance of all necessary records at the level of producers - members of the cooperative, at cooperative, instructions and recording systems for the use of authorized medicines and biological products (memo), internal quality monitoring system till the end of October 2019;
- To develop a step-by-step guide for the practical implementation of the developed quality management system by the end of November 2019;
- Familiarize members of the two cooperatives with the developed guidelines for the implementation of the quality management system and get approval at the general meeting before December 15, 2019;
- To provide practical consulting support to the two cooperatives in the implementation of the quality management system and make adjustments on the basis of the main technological work in the production of honey: preparing for wintering in the fall, caring for the bees in the winter, spring prevention of diseases and preparing for the season, honey extraction in the season, the process of filtering, bottling honey for wholesale, storage and transportation;
- To conduct the first part of the work from September 1 to December 15, 2019, the second part of the work from January to July 2020;
- Provide a narrative report on the first part of the work until December 15, 2019, a report on the second part of the work until July 20, 2020;
- Provide a final detailed report on the implementation of the quality management system with conclusions and recommendations for the first year on the further sustainability of cooperatives to maintain the quality of the produced honey until July 25, 2020.
- Development of detailed schedule of activities in coordination with the team;
- Development of training programs and all necessary documents that are part of the quality management system in accessible Russian and Kyrgyz languages.;
- Avoid using difficult to understand terminology, replacing it with understandable words for members of a cooperative.
The main result of the task - is to develop and implement a quality management system adapted to the characteristics of honey production and the structure of cooperative activities in the two cooperatives “Alay Too Aseli” and “Chon-Alay Baly”.
Candidates should send the following documents to the following e-mail: Nurgul.Tashtanova@helvetas.org, no later than August 26, 2019.
- Certificate of registration of a legal entity;
- Letter of interest describing the experience of conducting similar tasks;
- CVs of key performers with experience performing similar tasks;
- Plan of activities, implementation schedule, including a detailed budget on 2019 and 2020.
Basic requirements for a potential consultant or potential organization:
- Knowledge of market quality requirements for honey and basic food safety requirements, including HACCP principles and technical regulations;
- Experience of at least 3 years in the development and implementation of a quality management system at the level of a group of producers and cooperatives (work experience in the field of beekeeping is an advantage);
- Experience in working with local non-governmental organizations, international organizations (at least 3 years);
- Registration of a legal entity (LLC or PF)
- Willingness to start the task from September 3, 2019