Project Coordinator: Quality Education through Expert Teacher System (QUEETS) - 100%
HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation is a development organisation anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
We are currently looking for a Project Coordinator (100%)
Overall project Achievement
- To ensure the achievement of set objectives of QUEETS project as outlined in the project document in an efficient and effective manner in full compliance with the donor contract and guidance received from the Country Office HELVETAS Tanzania.
- To effectively manage project human resources by creating a working environment in which the staff and partners can function and effectively execute their professional duties and responsibilities to maximize project outputs and outcomes.
- To e manage project finance and assets efficiently and in full compliance with financial management policies and regulations.
- To establish and maintain excellent relationship and exchange with stakeholders including donors in close coordination with the country office of HELVETAS Tanzania.
- Project Cycle Management (PCM): Ensure efficient and effective annual planning, monitoring and evaluation, and progress reporting in close collaboration with the Tanzania Teachers Union (TTU)
- Capacity building: Contribute to capacity development of regional and district staff of TTU for implementation of the project including planning and budgeting, carry on trainings programme , monitoring and reporting.
- Facilitate the establishment and signing of contracts/MoU’s between the QUEETS project and implementing/strategic partners and service providers and supervise the implementation of these agreements appropriately.
- With support from Education advisor, ensure that the project operates fully in line with developed approach; includes active guidance in establishment and monitoring of partnerships.
- Networking with other organisations/donors active in the field of primary education for learning and synergies
- Lead and contribution to case studies, capitalisation of experience (evidence based learning) including leaflets, video etc.
- With support from education advisor, identify need for external support
- Participate in field visits to partners and schools (at least 40% of your working time) sometimes with staff and Education authorities and provide necessary support and where necessary share field visit key observations and thought solutions to the Country Director and his deputy.
- Ensure adequate documentation and sharing of all project relevant findings (project internal, external with partners, donors, government agencies).
Financial and Assets Management
- Establish project management team together with TTU regional secretaries and make the effective.
- Support TTU in team building, supervise job descriptions and staff recruitment, conduct staff appraisals, dismiss staff and follow up of sanctions.
- Support TTU to promotes gender and social equity in the team and with partner organizations.
- Coach, and support the QUEETS Finance and Admin Officer in all matters concerning project implementation.
Stakeholder Relationship and reporting Programme administration
- Maintain transparency and accountability in all financial operations
- Supervise budgeting, financial reporting, accounting, cost control, and bank transactions of the project
- Approve receipts and payments including procurements as per HELVETAS policy
- Supervise payments to and financial reporting of partners/TTU
- Ensure statutory compliances on matters related to Income tax, VAT/Service taxes and other applicable local laws and timely reporting to relevant authorities
- Facilitate regular internal and external auditing of Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation projects and partners as needed
- Support the policy dialogue and exchange with governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- In coordination with HELVETAS country office, maintain excellent relationship with Medicor as the donor of the programme as well as Tanzania Teachers Union as a key partner.
- Provide inputs to the Project Advisory Committee (PAC) and acts as a secretary of the PAC..
- Ensure exchange and collaboration with other projects of the HELVETAS Tanzania Programme and other relevant projects in the field of postharvest
- Ensure good collaboration with and reporting to the country office of HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation in Dar Es Salaam.
- to implement the Project Document and Yearly Plans of Operations (YPO) on behalf of the implementing organization HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation in full compliance with all policies and guidelines, and orientations received from the Project Advisory Committee .
- to ensure team performance for an effective project implementation in line with QUEETS project approach.
- to ensure that project finance and administration is cost-effective and service-oriented, and strictly managed following the financial management policies and regulations.
- to ensure effective relationship management, networking, exchange and coordination and assume the function of secretary of QUEETS PAC.
- Master’s degree in Education, Social Sciences,Business Administartaion, Devleopment Stydies , or related field
- Post-graduate diplomas in areas related to Education , ManagementMandatory
- Sound writing and presentation skills (English)
- Project cycle management
- Financial management/oversight of financial accounting
- Communication and inter-personal skillsOptional
- Training facilitation
- Working with others/partners
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience, of which at least 3 years in similar level of project management.
- Team leadership with strong background in financial management and human resource management of donor funded programs.
- Experience of working with in complex project setup (multiple relationships with partners and service providers, multistakeholder platform)
Methodological and/or leadership competencies
- Experience in managing Education projects
- Experience in training facilitation
- Knowledge in other international accounting software
- Past experience of working with inter/multi-national agencies
Social and personal competencies
- Assertive leadership style, ability to motivate and coach staff
- Good organizational skills,
- Proven competencies and leadership for relationship management (policy dialogue, multi-stakeholder platforms, engaging with partners and service providers, donors)
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Shares HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation value system
- Team oriented
- Motivated, active and enthusiastic, showing judgement by recognising and setting priorities
- Engaging personality with power of communication, who also acts as mentor
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop innovative proposals
- Promotes gender and social equity
- Good command over written and spoken English and Swahili
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Outlook)
- Experience with new media (social networking/reporting tools, online collaboration tools)
- Accounting software