Business Development Associate/Coordinator
Helvetas is an international development organization anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
For our US team based in Washington, D.C., we are looking for a Business Development Associate/Coordinator to support new business efforts. The position is for four (4) months with the possibility of extension and permanent hiring. The primary responsibilities are to work with the US Business Development team and Helvetas country offices and identify US Government (USG) opportunities, do research to collect relevant intelligence, coordinate with the Home Office (HO) and country offices to collect technical and cost proposal inputs, develop certain sections of the proposal, support proposal recruitment, and liaise with partners.
Your Main Tasks
- Identifying and disseminating relevant USG opportunities coming primarily from USAID, as well as DoS, MCC, and other USG agencies on SAM.gov, Grants.gov, GovWin, Devex.
- Filling the opportunities pipeline, cultivating relationships with existing and new partners, researching clients, and identifying their hot buttons.
- Managing the entire lifecycle of the USG bids, from the capture till the final proposal submission. This includes sourcing opportunities, carrying out a competitive analysis, liaising with potential partners, participating in teaming discussions, developing proposal calendars, compliance matrices, ensuring adherence to calendars, work plans and standard procedures, and coordinating the day-to-day proposal development activities with proposal teams.
- Supporting recruitment activities to identify the personnel to be included in proposals, such as posting job announcements, coordinating with the HO and country teams to screen candidates, setting up and carrying out interviews, and collecting proposal documents from the candidates, among others.
- Writing various sections of proposals, including past performance references, corporate capabilities, etc.
- Coordinating the go/no-go processes in accordance with the internal policies, such as filling out acquisition notes, setting up meetings with HO and country teams to guide them through the decision-making process.
- Supporting Helvetas’s marketing initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development or related field.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in business development, specifically with managing USAID, DoS, MCC, and other USG proposals.
- Knowledge of USG procurement processes, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to manage diverse teams – both HO and country-based – paying attention to cultural sensitivities.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to pay attention to details, and not lose sight of the bigger picture.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Masters’ Degree in international development or related field.
- Knowledge of a foreign language, such as French, German, or Spanish.
We offer you an interesting challenge in a motivated team with attractive working conditions. The position is currently fully remote.
We look forward to receiving your CV by August 1, 20121, via email to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about Helvetas USA, please visit our website at https://www.helvetas.org/helvetasusa.org/en.
Notice: Helvetas recognizes that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.