HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation is a development organisation anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
As per February 1, 2019 we are looking for a result-oriented and innovative Financial Manager International Accounting F/M (80-100%).
- You will be responsible for the proper and timely supervision of the financial management of several programme countries
- In accordance with instructions from the team management, you will carry out diverse business processes such as the consolidation of national accountings, financial reporting to donors and review / commentary of national audit reports
- You will also support project planning, budgeting and other finance management processes for the countries under your responsibility
- You will regularly correspond orally / in writing with national finance managers / country directors and travel to the programme countries on need basis for controlling and training purposes to ensure high quality accounting
- You have completed a commercial certification with additional qualification in accounting, finance management or business administration
- You have worked for several years in finance management / accounting, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Ideally you possess good knowledge of the accounting software Abacus
- You speak and write French and English and you also have a good knowledge of German
- You are goal-oriented in your thinking, proactive, reliable, service-oriented and a fast learner
- Your personal qualities also include loyalty and discretion
- You are ready and motivated for trips abroad (including fragile contexts)
We offer you in-depth insight into an exciting field of activity, a committed and motivated team and a modern workspace located in the heart of Bern (close to the main station).
For any questions about this position, please contact Sreeram Koottala, Team Leader International Accounting (email@example.com, 031 385 10 85) or Bruno Studer, Head Finance & Controlling (firstname.lastname@example.org, 044 368 65 12).
We look forward to receiving your complete application including motivation letter, work certificates and diplomas by December 23, 2018. Please send your electronic application to email@example.com. Visit our website www.helvetas.org.