International Team Leader (F/M) 100%
Helvetas is an organization specialized in development cooperation and humanitarian response, anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
We are looking, as per March 2023 or upon agreement, for a result-oriented and innovative International Team Leader (F/M) 100% based in Hanoi, Vietnam
The Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) has tendered the “Swiss Tourism for Sustainable Development Project (ST4SD) in Vietnam”, 2023-2027. The recruitment is subject to SECO’s approval of the Helvetas bid.
The overall objective of the project is contributing to a more sustainable and inclusive tourism sector in Vietnam. In the long term, the ST4SD will support the creation of new livelihoods and sustainable economic development in Vietnam through the following outcomes.
- Macro level: National & subnational action plans, master plans and other policies include relevant actions & decisions are taken & implemented to foster sustainable tourism development
- Meso level: Vietnamese training institutions have been selected & strengthened to provide training & develop skills & expertise in sustainable tourism.
- meso & micro level: Tourism destinations & companies have become more sustainable in their operation & investments.
The ST4SD will support the preparation of relevant policies and strengthen public-private dialogue at both national and subnational level, establish a new Swiss Executive Hospitality Training (EHT) programme at a qualified Vietnamese training institution and create a network of experts from the Swiss and Vietnamese tourism sector, and promote innovative concepts for businesses and destination to strengthen sustainability, including the introduction of sustainability standards.
Inception phase: You will support the design work for Phase I as per SECO’s ToR (e.g. assists in writing parts of the Project Document, developing concepts and approaches to be implemented, establish networks with partners, fine tune budget decisions etc.).
Main phase: You lead the overall management of the project through high quality project implementation, including administrative and financial supervision and coordination with partners and stakeholders, particularly
- Provide strategic direction and technical support to contribute to the achievement of outcomes of the project.
- Coach the project team and partners, providing a good working and learning environment and promoting team spirit.
- Manage the project successfully in implementation, finance, administration, human resources.
- Assure synergies with other projects supported by SECO in Vietnam.
- Represent the project to donors, partners and others
- Academic degrees (e.g. BSc/MSc degree) in Tourism and/or Hospitality Management
- At least 4 years of experience, with strong expertise in sustainable tourism development, tourism skills development and cooperation with the public and private sectors in sustainable tourism.
- Professional experience in Switzerland and developing countries, preferably in Asia
- Particularly, experience in networking with international/Swiss private and public actors
- Proven track record in managing large projects, and cooperating with a number of stakeholders and in strengthening/building the capacity of key partners.
- Strong managerial skills, including result-oriented management, strategic planning, human resources management and financial management skills.
- Strong experience in steering and mentoring, capacity to anticipate issues and identify forward-looking solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English
WE OFFER YOU
An international contract of 2 years with possibility of extension, attractive working conditions and a satisfactory and challenging job in a multicultural team.
We look forward to receiving your complete application including motivation letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by October 16, 2022. Please send your electronic application via our online recruiting portal
For additional information please contact Lionel Giron Lionel.Giron@helvetas.org (Regional Coordinator Vietnam) or Luong Pham email@example.com (Country Director Vietnam) or visit our website www.helvetas.org / www.helvetas.org/en/vietnam.