International Team Leader (F/M), 100%, based in Yerevan, Armenia
Helvetas is an organization specialized in development cooperation and humanitarian response, anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
We are (immediately) looking for a result-oriented and innovative International Team Leader (F-M), 100%, based in Yerevan, Armenia.
The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) has tendered the Sustainable Inclusive Growth in Mountainous Armenia (SIGMA) project in Armenia (Preparatory Phase and Phase 1, 2022-2026). The project focuses on areas at higher altitudes in Northern Armenia, which face significant poverty due to their over-reliance on low productive subsistence farming, with the view of supporting a diversification towards higher value services and products and new markets. The Overall Objective of the project is: Poverty and inequality in mountainous areas are reduced thanks to higher incomes and employment opportunities through environment and climate friendly, inclusive rural market systems. The project follows a Market Systems Development (MSD) approach to support private sector development and growth in selected sectors. The Preparatory Phase starts December 2022.
The recruitment is subject to SDCs approval of the Helvetas bid.
Preparatory Phase: Your main responsibility is to conduct necessary design work for Phase I as per SDC ToR (e.g. collecting information, test and select local partners, writing the Project Document) and set-up the project in cooperation with Helvetas head office and partners.
Main phase: You lead the overall management of the project through high quality project implementation, including administrative and financial supervision and coordination with partners and stakeholders. You provide high quality strategic steering and technical support and coordination through trainings/workshops and continuous informal coaching and advice. You also ensure the development and strengthening of the monitoring and results measurement (MRM) system as well as knowledge management for steering, accountability and learning. Your tasks in administrative and financial supervision guarantee that the project complies with organisational administrative requirements and procedures, including financial risk management and monitoring, time registration, reporting and controlling needs, preparation of financial statements with partners and other relevant conditions for a successful project implementation. You assure cooperation and coordination with other projects supported by Switzerland within the Employment and Economic Development domain as well as other projects funded by other donors in the area of private sector and vocational skills development. You foster a MSD approach of the programme.
- Academic degree (Master or equivalent) in economics, development studies or related social science
- Strong expertise and at least 5 years of experience in managing and coordinating interventions of comparable size and scope in private sector development, and/or rural development
- Experience in managing and coordinating complex interventions, in enabling programmes to realise a facilitation rather than an implementation role, and in establishing effective coordination/collaboration with other programs
- Proven ability to identify and facilitate systemic changes and learn from other successful projects. Relevant higher education and professional training for the position
- Strong knowledge and experience in the application of an MSD approach (including in situations with cross-border economic linkages) and related methods such as the DCED Standards for results measurement
- Professional experience in transition countries, preferably in Armenia
- Experience in the inclusion of groups at risk of social exclusion in projects, in particular youth and women
- Experience with climate change relevant technologies, knowledge of climate smart technologies, instruments, connections and interrelations.
- Proven track record in cooperating with a large number of stakeholders and in strengthening/building the capacity of key partners
- Strong managerial skills, including result-oriented management, strategic planning, human resources management, and financial management skills. Strong experience in steering and mentoring, capacity to anticipate issues and identify forward-looking solutions
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent English language capacities, language skills in Armenian is desirable and will be considered as asset
WE OFFER YOU
An international contract of 2 years (extension possible), attractive working conditions in small and dynamic teams.
We look forward to receiving your complete application including motivation letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by July 3, 2022. Please send your electronic application via our online recruiting portal. For additional information please contact Nenad Celarevic Nenad.Celarevic@helvetas.org or visit our websites www.helvetas.org