FINANCIAL MANAGER INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING F/M (80-100%)
HELVETAS is an organization specialized in development cooperation and humanitarian response, anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
As per August 1, 2021 or upon arrangement we are looking for a result-oriented and innovative Financial Manager International Accounting F/M (80-100%).
Helvetas’ programmes in the above countries support national and local level institutions and organisations to provide better and more inclusive services to the population, based on participation and multi-stakeholder initiatives. Key thematic areas of engagement include adaptation to climate change, sustainable and inclusive economic development as well as resource governance.
Our country programmes operate in a complex but interesting project structure and require good coordination and supervision of financial aspects.
YOUR MAIN TASKS
- Provide and assure professional and timely advice/support towards assigned programme countries in the relevant language about finance management and technical issues.
- Provide high quality international programme accounting and financial accounting at Head Office level as well as contribute to organisational development in accounting.
- Advise, coach and train Country Directors, Finance responsible of the country offices and other country staff on finance and project accounting topics.
- Comply with contractual obligations of donors and consortium partners.
- Carry out diverse business processes such as consolidation of national accounting, reconciliations and financial reporting to donors
- Review and comment on national audit, as well as extend support to periodical closings and Audit.
- Provide support to project planning, budgeting and other finance management processes for the countries under your responsibility.
- You will regularly correspond in Spanish, French or English with national finance managers and country directors both orally and in writing as well as undertake travels on need basis to programme countries for controlling and training purposes.
- You have completed a commercial certification with additional qualification in accounting, finance management or business administration.
- You possess good knowledge in accounting and finance management.
- You worked for several years in finance management / accounting function, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Ideally you possess good knowledge of the accounting software Abacus.
- You speak and write Spanish and/or French and have a good knowledge of English. Knowledge of German would be an asset.
- You are goal-oriented in your thinking with ability to work in a multicultural environment, proactive, reliable, service-oriented and a fast learner.
- Your personal qualities also include loyalty and discretion.
- You are ready and motivated for trips abroad.
WE OFFER YOU
In-depth insight into an exciting field of activity, a committed and motivated team and a modern workspace located in the heart of Bern (close to the main railway station).
We look forward to receiving your complete application including motivation letter, work certificates and diplomas by June 30, 2021. Please send your application via our online recruiting portal. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.helvetas.org.