Consultant on Business Development
Helvetas is an organisation specialised in development cooperation and humanitarian response, anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
With an increasing humanitarian portfolio, we are looking for a consultant to support the elaboration of our humanitarian business development plan. The consultancy will start on October 1, 2020 for two to three months (max 20 days).
- Assess relevant institutional humanitarian donors for Helvetas based on a preselected list.
- Advise on the humanitarian donors’ engagement approach at field and headquarter levels, based on priority countries
- Review the viability of Helvetas humanitarian thematic choices and its competitiveness as a humanitarian actor
- Record of successful accompaniment of INGO change agenda
- Excellent knowledge of institutional humanitarian funding streams (European and UK; advantage if familiar with development banks, US and Australian donors
- Good knowledge of humanitarian programming
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
We offer you a interesting challenge in a motivated team. The work is home-based with a potential visit to Zurich for the presentation of the business development plan. The consultancy will start on October 1, 2020 and will last until max. December 31, 2020 (max 20 days).
We look forward to receiving your complete application including motivation letter, work certificates and diplomas via email to Bruno.Husquinet@helvetas.org. For further information please contact Bruno Husquinet, Humanitarian Response Team Leader via email, or visit our website www.helvetas.org.