Consultancy Service On Solid Household Waste Management
Helvetas is an organisation specialised in development cooperation and humanitarian response, anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
Helvetas Kyrgyzstan, in consortium with Development Policy Institute, is implementing Public Service Improvement project funded by the Swiss Government through the Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). The Public Service Improvement project works on introduction of sustainable, effective, efficient, accountable and responsive management solutions in targeted municipalities that address real needs and demands of citizens and that deliver tangible service improvements.
Helvetas Kyrgyzstan is currently looking for an experience consultant on Solid Household waste management (WM) being based in Kyrgyzstan. The objective of the consultancy is to support the efforts of the project team by elaborating a regional waste management program for the Issyk-Kul region of the Kyrgyz Republic. The international consultant will work in a tandem with one local consultant who will obtain the necessary data and assist the international consultant during the in-country mission. The consultancy (international consultant) is to be provided in the period between July and December 2020 and in the overall duration of not more than 23 working days.
- Prepare a working plan and outline of the program
- Prepare the main document’s (WM Program) structure and relevant tasks for the local consultant (data collection)
- Conduct one in-country mission (including presentation of preliminary plan and validation with local stakeholders)
- Collection of missing data and finalization of the WM Program
- Work experience in the area of solid waste management planning - minimum 10 years
- Experience in various countries (European Union preferably) in the preparation of feasibility studies, master plans, corporate development programs and other program documents,
- Demonstrated experience and involvement in the planning and/or implementation of at least one project in the field of solid waste management in the countries of Central Asia and Caucasus over the past 10 years (2010-2020), knowledge of the relevant context in the Kyrgyz Republic is an advantage
- Fluency in spoken and written English, knowledge of Russian is an additional asset
Please send your request for detailed Terms of References (ToR) and questions (if any) to AMambetova@dpi.kg.
If interested, please submit a concept note (brief ideas on 2 pages) and your CV (highlighting the relevant experience) to Kyrgyzstan@helvetas.org by July 15, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further negotiations.